I've been trying to stick to the week long menu in the last issue of Clean Eating Magazine. This is one of the lunch suggestions. Nothing fancy here - but it is a yummy lunch that is quick and easy to make. This would also make a great quesadilla made stove top rather than broiled in the oven. I wound up folding this in half and cutting it into two slices so it was almost like a quesadilla.
1/2 c. chopped tomato
1/2 tsp minced garlic
4 fresh basil leaves,torn
drizzle of EVOO
1/2 c. shredded part skim mozzarella
whole wheat tortilla
- Place one whole wheat tortilla on a baking sheet or stone
- Mix diced tomato and minced garlic
- Spread mixture on the whole wheat tortilla
- Spread basil
- Drizzle with EVOO
- Top with shredded mozzarella
- Broil 2-3 mins until cheese is melted.