1.5 C “discarded” sourdough starter
1 T olive oil
1 t salt
1 – 1.5 C whole wheat flour
- Mix the ingredients together, working in flour until you have a soft dough. If it gets too dry add more starter or water.
- Once kneaded, cover and let rest for half an hour.
- After resting, roll out the dough on your silicone baking sheet or baking stone.
- Transfer the silicone baking sheet with the dough onto the baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out and leave at room temperature for at least seven hours. The crust will rise some as it soaks.
- Seven or more hours later, heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
- Then add sauce and desired toppings to pizza. Put pizza back in oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.